Mechanic Technician All Levels – Menomonee Falls, WI
Our team is currently looking for all levels of Diesel Mechanics to keep up our level of commitment to safety and customer service. We are growing and moving to a new Center of Excellence facility in the next 30 days and we need you! In this role, the successful candidate will perform truck repair and maintenance work on refuse and other heavy duty vehicles while working closely with other team members to meet company goals. This is a fabulous opportunity for a knowledgeable, hardworking Diesel Mechanic to apply his or her skills in a company that offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
Summary of essential job functions
- Lays out, positions, and secures parts and assemblies according to specifications, using straightedge, combination square, calipers, and ruler.
- Automotive/Class 8 truck chassis hydraulic schematic and pressure evaluation.
- Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage.
- Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
- Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- 1-2 years welding experience preferred
- 1-2 years Truck mechanic experience
- Electrical schematic back ground is required
- Must have the ability to read and repair hydraulic systems along with electrical schematics and repair or connections of circuitry.
- Waste collection equipment knowledge will be a large plus for this position
- Must have your own tools
- Handling and Moving Objects — Using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
- Controlling Machines and Processes — Using either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes (not including computers or vehicles).
- Getting Information — Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events — Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
- Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material — Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Performing General Physical Activities — Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, liftingte, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Equipment Selection — Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Quality Control Analysis — Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Equipment Maintenance — Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Repairing — Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Operation and Control — Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Mathematics — Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Electrical Schematic Background: 1-2 year
- Welding fabricating :1-2 year
- Heavy vehicle repair:1-2 year
Required license or certification:
- Valid state driver’s license. Class a/b CDL license is a plus